This agreement was last modified on October 23, 2018
Cancellation of a Transfer order
Wyre customers have the right to cancel a Transfer order for personal, family or household purposes and obtain a full refund of all funds paid to us, including any fees in connection with that order. To cancel a transfer, a customer must contact us by telephone at +1 (415) 374-7356 (US) within thirty (30) minutes of payment for the currency conversion order.
When you contact us, you must provide us with information to help us identify the Transfer order that you wish to cancel, including (i) your name, address and telephone number; (ii) the name of the person receiving the funds; (iii) the dollar amount of the order; and (iv) the intended destination location.
We will issue a refund within three (3) Business Days of your request, provided that the funds have not been picked up by the designated recipient prior to our receipt of your request for a refund. For the avoidance of doubt, you may not cancel an order under any circumstances if the funds have been disbursed or deposited to the recipient.
Reversals and Chargebacks
If you receive a payment that is later refunded or invalidated for any reason, you are responsible for the full amount of the payment sent to you plus any fees (including any applicable chargeback fee described below). Whenever a transaction is reversed, Wyre will refund or reverse the transaction from your Wyre Account in the same currency as the original transaction. If your Wyre Account balance for a particular currency is insufficient to cover the amount of a refund or reversal, Wyre will perform a currency conversion in order to refund or reverse the transaction, subject to the exchange rate being offered by Wyre in the applicable currencies at that time. For details about what happens if your Wyre Account balance becomes negative, please see Negative Account Balances below.
What is an Error and how Errors will be addressed by us
Transfers sent for personal, family or household purposes, and the payment amount equals or exceeds $15 USD, the following are considered Errors:
- • You paid an incorrect amount for your currency conversion order;
- • Wyre made a computational error, such as a miscalculation of the amount the recipient received;
- • The amount stated in the currency conversion order receipt was not made available to the recipient, unless the problem was caused by extraordinary circumstances outside our control;
- • Funds were available to the recipient later than the date of availability that was disclosed to you on the currency conversion order receipt or were not delivered, unless, extraordinary circumstances outside our control caused the delay, and we could not reasonably anticipate those circumstances, or delays resulted from fraud screenings, or were caused by requirements of the Office of Foreign Assets Controls or similar requirements, or the transfer was made with fraudulent intent; and
- • The list of Transfers on our Website does not reflect a Transfer that you made; and
- • You did not receive any confirmation of your Transfer, such as information required to determine if a Transfer occurred.
If believe an Error of the type described above occurred, you must duly contact us in accordance with the information above, and we will investigate and determine whether an error occurred within 90 days (although we typically do this within ten (10) business days) after you contact us.
We will inform you of our determination within three (3) Business Days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no Error, we will send you a written explanation. You may ask for copies of any documents we used in our investigation. If we determine that an error has occurred, we will offer you the option of obtaining a refund or making available to the designated recipient the funds necessary to resolve the error. Please note that we are only required to refund fees where we failed to make funds available to the recipient by the date of availability we specified, unless you provided incorrect or insufficient information to us, in which case we are not required to refund fees.